Stem Facing Tool
- Quickly mill stem faces for the ultimate in headset precision
- Use on 1-1/8″ steerers and 1″ with adapter
- Now uses Park 690 cutter which is widely used in bike shops
- This is only for the Arbor and 1-1/8″ bushing. Cutter is extra.
- The Multi Tooth Cutter is easier to use on a wide range of stems
This tool is designed to precisely mill the surfaces of the stem to be perpendicular to the steering tube. Often after the frame and fork are precisely machined, and the new headset is installed, binding of the bearings still occurs — the last surface of the stack needs to be corrected. This tool ensures that the headset bearings are evenly contacted and that no binding occurs, resulting in premature wear of the bearings. The tool is used by inserting the bushing into the stem, then very carefully rotating the tool so the cutting teeth mill off the high spots. The cutter of the tool is a park 690 High Speed steel bottom bracket facing cutter many bike shops already have in their collection.
#PA-690 (limited Stock) $120